|The 1100 Club began one January day back in 1985, following a Buyer's Guide in Practical Classics which painted a very negative picture of 1100s.
The club's main goal was to keep the cars of its original members on the road and to provide new members with the advice and information needed to enable them to do the same.
Membership enquiries came in thick and fast, and within three months of the first meeting there were 53 members and 63 cars.
Why not join us at The 1100 Club?
It couldn't be easier: Join online or by post.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Bromley Pageant of June 1985 was the club's first outdoor show, then as more members joined the idea of a National Rally was hit upon.
The first such meet took place at Weston Park in September of that same year.
Since then the club has gone from strength to strength, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts,
and with members all over the world.
It now provides:
- Six issues of the club's magazine, 'Idle Chatter', each year - a full colour, 44 page A4 sized paper publication (with PDF version) that has been highly commended at the Classic and Sports Car Club Awards at the NEC Classic Car Show for three years in a row before winning the award in 2018.
- Access to members' area of the 1100 Club website, containing PDFs of every Idle Chatter ever produced since 1985, a fully searchable database of technical articles, part numbers and a wide range of scanned manuals and technical documents
- Prompt technical and spares advice via our helplines
- A UK National Rally and other regional shows, eg a Spring Show and an Autumn Gathering
- A network of local meetings and area contacts
- Discounts from major classic car insurance companies
- Member discounts from other organisations and suppliers eg Ex-Pressed Steel Panels and Krown Rustproofing
- Helping with key projects that help to keep 1100s on the road, including the Hydrolastic Project (to which the 1100 Club has already committed £15,000) and investment in key parts remanufacture such as exhaust systems and front wings
- Helping to preserve key pieces of 1100/1300 heritage eg the Skeleton estate car, restored by 1100 Club members during 2016
2018 Car Club Awards and The 1100 Club...
After being highly commended for four years, Idle Chatter was awarded 'Club Magazine of the Year' at the Classic and Sports Car Club Awards at the NEC on Nov 9, 2018.
We are absolutely delighted, and would very much like to thank Classic & Sports Car magazine and Lancaster Insurance Services for the award, and of course all of our members who have supported Idle Chatter with articles and features large or small.
The 1100 Club was shortlisted in the 'Outstanding Online Presence' category for the National Car Club Awards, and at the event held on 24 March 2018 was 'Highly Commended'.
This category considers our work on social media and also our club website, with its increasing technical content for members and of course its comprehensive set of Idle Chatter magazines with searchable database of content.