|The 1100 Club began one January day back in 1985, following a Buyer's Guide in Practical Classics which painted a very negative picture of 1100s.
The club's main goal was to keep the cars of its original members on the road and to provide new members with the advice and information needed to enable them to do the same.
|Membership enquiries came in thick and fast, and within three months of the first meeting there were 53 members and 63 cars.
The Bromley Pageant of June 1985 was the club's first outdoor show, then as more members joined the idea of a National Rally was hit upon. The first such meet took place at Weston Park in September of that same year.
Since then the club has gone from strength to strength, run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts,
and with members all over the world.
It now provides:
Discounts on 1100 insurance and other major organisations such as Haynes Publishing and the Institute of Advanced Motorists
Window stickers to promote the club and show other members you belong
Advice and support with all aspects of 1100 ownership - there's always someone around that can help, even if it's only with tea and sympathy when it all goes wrong!
- A bi-monthly magazine, Idle Chatter - for the first few years - was produced on a hired black and white photocopier, but not any more! Since the early 2000s the club has produced a full colour, quality A4 publication that is professionally printed and in 2002 the magazine won the "Class B" section of the Classic Car Weekly Club Magazine Awards. More recently, Idle Chatter was highly commended at the Classic and Sportscar Club Awards in 2015, and again in 2016, continuing the high standard to this day!
- A club website with an exclusive members only area, providing access to cars and parts for sale, technical information and support, plus Every Issue of "Idle Chatter" from number 1 to the latest edition is available to download.
- A network of local area meetings co-ordinated by an enthusiastic team of area reps, with social functions, technical support, outings and club stands at shows
- Spares support through our spares consultant plus efforts to ensure the continuing of key spare parts into the future, recently investing in front wings and in the tooling to reproduce lamp gaskets
- An annual National Rally with concours judging, displays and a fun and sociable evening event.
See photos and a video clip from past rallies.
Why not join us?
It couldn't be easier: Join online or by post.
You will get access to the website members area and two back issues of Idle Chatter, plus all the other benefits mentioned above.
We look forward to hearing from you.